Friday, November 5, 2010

Shopping with my Mom

Day #5 - Today I'm thankful to have some one-on-one time with my mom. After my dad picked me up from work, we picked up my mom and Amaya and met Steve at Panera for lunch. After lunch, Mom and I went to "The Country Life" store in Plainview for their annual Christmas Open House. Mom and I have gone every year for quite some time now and usually find a few things. I picked up a couple ornaments and some berries and popcorn garland, but there wasn't really anything that I had to have. I love getting decorating ideas from my mom because she has such great taste. I only wish I had the bank account to go along with her style. I also enjoyed spending time talking with my mom without being interrupted by that sweet daughter of mine. Every day I'm thankful for my mom, but today I'm especially thankful for our special time together.