Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Amaya

Day #3 - Amaya Hope... After the birth of 9 nieces and nephews on both sides of the family... we wondered when it would be our time... When would we be able to bring our little bundle of joy home? In God's perfect timing, we welcomed this little piece of heaven into our family on January 20th, 2008.

Her smile alone lights up a room and fills our hearts with such joy. Even on days when she doesn't get her way, refuses to put on her socks and coat, doesn't get enough candy corn, doesn't eat her supper, refuses to lay still to get her jammies on, or whines for no reason, she stills fills our hearts with so much laughter. I love her sweet voice - she sings all the time! I love listening to her talk to her stuffed animals. I love that she's full of energy and jumps all the time! I love that she's almost always willing to give me a hug or a kiss - even if it is on the run. I love it when she asks me to "rest for a little bit" while she's trying to go to sleep.

Amaya motivates me to be a better person... to be a better mom... a better wife... a better daughter... a better sister... a better friend. She is a precious gift from God and I'm so thankful God blessed us with her.