Thursday, November 4, 2010

Bible Study

Day #4 - Amaya and I just got home from Bible Study, so today I'm thankful for the group of women that I meet with weekly at our church. It's a diverse group of women ranging from college age to mid-sixties and I enjoy listening to the different perspectives. Even from all different walks of life, we carry a common thread - our relationship with Christ. My heart aches for the struggles some of these women have gone through and my heart aches for the struggles yet to come. But the Lord willingly carries our burdens and gives us rest and for this reason alone, we find comfort and peace. I'm thankful for our leader who was obedient to God's calling to teach and who faithfully prepares for each lesson and prays for us. And I'm so thankful for each woman for their vulnerability, honesty, understanding, and encouragement. It's refreshing to be able to meet with a group of women whose hearts aren't guarded and are open to God's purpose and plan. Already this group of women has been such a blessing in my life and for that I'm thankful.