Friday, November 12, 2010

A Day Off

Day # 12 - I've been looking forward to today for quite some time now. During orientation in allergy, I've been working primarily Monday-Friday 8-noon, but today we have Amaya's conferences for preschool and I asked for the day off. I was looking forward to sleeping in a little, but my internal alarm clock and Amaya's internal alarm clock went off at 6:45am... so much for sleeping in. Oh, well... My favorite part of the morning so far was snuggling with Amaya in bed. She likes to hear stories about when she was a little baby and likes to read books in bed. So, we snuggled, talked, and read stories until about 8am before having breakfast. I'm so thankful for these special times with Amaya because I know they won't last forever. It's raining quite a bit today, so I'm not sure if we'll venture out of the house this morning, but at least I get to spend some one-on-one time with my little girl and for that - I'm thankful.