Monday, November 1, 2010

Thankfulness Challenge

One of my "blogger friends" has challenged me to blog for the next 30 days about what I'm thankful for during the month of November. I'm up for the challenge, but a little unsure if I can hit all 30 days, but I'll try....

Day #1 - I'm thankful for my salvation and relationship with Jesus Christ. I accepted Christ when I was 8 years old and what a journey it's been walking with the Lord. Sometimes I've walked ahead of Him when I think I know what I'm doing only to realize that He has a different plan. Sometimes I've walked behind Him when I have no clue what He's doing and question and doubt and worry. Sometimes I've gotten impatient and have drifted off course. Sometimes He's carried and comforted me. Sometimes I rejoice while we're walking and other times I mope and complain. But the one thing I know for sure is that He is faithful and has always been right by my side. It's during those peaks and valleys though that I've matured in my faith and come to know God and depend on Him. This past year hasn't been the easiest one and God certainly didn't promise us an easy life. However despite the challenging year, it doesn't mean that it hasn't been filled with His blessings. We are constantly reminded of His provision, of His love for us, and His comfort. And so, we press on with hope of a great future and of a life everlasting and for this, I am thankful.