Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Amaya's Grandparents

Day #9 - Today I'm thankful for my parents for graciously caring for Amaya for the past 2 1/2 years while Steve and I work. I hope I never take their generosity for granted. It's a huge relief off of our shoulders knowing that she is in loving care of her grandparents. They spoil her rotten, but isn't that their job? For the past couple of days, Amaya has been wanting to go to House of Bounce and my parents willingly took her today. She jumped and bounced for over 2 hours! (And took an awesome nap this afternoon - almost 3 hours!) When I asked her about her morning, she said, "It was the most fun ever!" Thank you Mom and Dad for taking such wonderful care of Amaya - you truly are the best!

I'm also thankful for my mother-in-law and my father-in-law. Every Tuesday night, they've been coming over to our house to watch Biggest Loser with us. My mother-in-law has been working tirelessly getting ready to accompany the production of "The Sound of Music" at a local private school and didn't even get home and have supper until 7pm (the start of Biggest Loser). When Steve told Amaya that Grandma and Grandpa weren't coming over she laid down on the floor and cried and cried. Steve was going to bring Amaya over to their house so she could see them, but Grandma and Grandpa decided to come over to our house instead. She was absolutely ecstatic to see them and couldn't stop hugging and kissing Grandma! Both of them give 100% of their time, love, and devotion to this little girl and it's obvious she soaks up the attention! Thank you so much for bringing so much joy to Amaya! It meant the world to her to see you!

Amaya is blessed to have such a close relationship with her grandparents and for that - I'm thankful.