Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Since Amaya was born, each holiday/occasion has become more and more special. This year, I'm not sure who was more excited - me or Amaya. I enjoyed trick-or-treating as a kid and getting loads of candy, but not nearly as much as I enjoy getting Amaya dressed up and watching her trick-or-treat.

On Saturday, we spent the afternoon at the Medford Outlet Mall looking at winter boots for Amaya and not only did we find a great deal on boots, but we ended up finding some cute Halloween cookies at the Harry and David Store.

Since we had a late lunch, we decided to carve the pumpkin before we ate supper. For whatever reason, we haven't carved a pumpkin together as a family, so this year was especially fun. Here is Amaya posing next to our pumpkin.


Steve diving into the pumpkin!

Amaya checking out the inside.

Steve left the kitchen as soon as I started taking out the "pumpkin guts" and Amaya was pretty grossed out too! She certainly wasn't going to help me take the seeds out for fear of getting messy. Guess from now that's going to be my job.

I drew on the face and Steve began carving again.

Me and Amaya waiting for Steve to finish up.

The end result! Isn't it cute?


After Amaya's nap on Sunday afternoon, we ate an early supper and got Amaya dressed up ready to trick-or-treat at all her grandparent's houses. This year, she was a fairy - and the cutest fairy I've ever seen (not that I'm biased!)


Here she is getting ready to ring Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Struckmann's doorbell!

Next stop... Grandma and Grandpa Horning's!

Some of their friends even had a special goodie bag for Amaya too!

Grandma and Grandpa gave Amaya a HUGE bag of Reese's Pieces!!

Next stop... Grandma and Grandpa Gustafson's house!

We met up with Mike, Arwen, Ben, Annika, Lydia, and Miles and trick-or-treated with them.
Amaya was a little scared of Mike and Ben's mask... and I'll have to admit I was too!

Steve wins "Husband of the Year" award for taking Amaya trick-or-treating during the tail end of the Vikings game.

It was pretty cold out, but Amaya didn't complain at all. We only went to the houses on my parent's block, but she still got quite a bit of loot.

Think she'll share?

She did! And very willingly too! The rest of the night, she helped me pass out candy at my parent's house! A great night and a lot of fun!