Sunday, November 1, 2009

An Afternoon of Bliss...

Who says a tired working mom has to look and dress like a tired working mom? I'm retiring my purple hooded sweatshirt and sweat pants and replacing it with cute sweaters and shoes!


Today Steve gave me FIVE hours to MYSELF! He took Amaya over to my parents to watch football and I had the entire afternoon to do whatever I wanted. What a gift! After a stressful week at work related to low patient census and dealing with some "terrible two" issues with Amaya, I needed some time alone to be completely selfish.

I ended up getting my haircut - 4 1/2 inches gone! And then went to Kohl's and bought two pairs of jeans, a pair of dress pants, 3 sweaters, dress socks, black dress shoes, and a belt! (All 50% off too!) Then I went home and made apple crisp to bring to my parents for the Vikings/Packer game. (GO VIKES!)

It was great trying on clothes without having to worry about Amaya looking under the dressing room stall and peeking at other customers. It was a relief knowing that I wouldn't have to worry about Amaya taking all the clothes off the rack and trying to "fold" them. I was grateful that I didn't have to tell Amaya over and over to "have patience" while I tried on clothes for almost 2 hours! And I was thankful that I didn't have a kitchen helper while I was making the apple crisp (I was able to get it done so much faster!) But as I was baking... the house was very, very quiet.... too quiet.. and I realized that the time away from Steve and Amaya was a great break, but I missed them very, very much... So as soon as the apple crisp is done - I'm outta here to give Steve and Amaya great big hugs and kisses!