Thursday, October 22, 2009

Waiting in anticipation

Along with teaching Amaya to obey, we're trying to teach her to be patient and wait. This morning, Amaya was actually looking forward to go to the nursery while I was at Bible Study because she got to bring her new kitty that we bought for her at IKEA. So for the hour while we were getting ready and eating breakfast, Amaya was repeating NON-STOP, "Kitty. Ma-na (Amaya). Go play." (By the way, she's been doing awesome in the nursery! The daughter of one of my co-leaders for the study volunteers in Amaya's class and they developed a great friendship!")

After lunch, we worked on getting some laundry done and started packing to go see Baby Hope! I was TRYING to explain that we would see Hope on Saturday, but she doesn't quite understand the concept of time. So... I've been hearing, "Hope. Now." Over and over and over and over....

In an attempt to distract her, I mentioned that we had swim class tonight. Will I ever learn? Now it's, "Ma-na. Pool? Swim? Pool? Ma-na?"

It's going to be a loooong afternoon of waiting....