Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Oxbow Park

I have an entire month's worth of activities and pictures to blog about and it's feeling a little overwhelming! We have Mile's birthday, the Pumpkin Patch, Grandma Gustafson's Birthday, Toddler Gym Class, Swimming Class, Annika's Birthday, Hope's Dedication, and Halloween to blog about, so I feel like I need to get a jump on things and get caught up.

On any given Saturday, we usually kidnap Grandma Horning for an adventure. Most of our adventures revolve around visiting Grandpa Horning's at a few open houses! On this particular Saturday WAAAAY back in September (I told you I was behind!) it was a beautiful day and we decided to go to Oxbow Park so Amaya could get her fix in of buffalo and deer. I'm always amazed at what Amaya remembers because she's only seen buffalo and deer in South Dakota, so for her to ask about them really surprises me.

Here's Grandma, Steve, and Amaya by the horse. She was brave enough to pet him even though he was pretty stinky!

There was an area where you could get up close and personal with the buffalo and we saw a bunch of people around, so we rushed over to get a better view. We had to go through a maze of tall grasses and weeds to get there.

By the time we reached the fences by the buffalos, they had already headed back to the field. Amaya was still impressed and said, "WOW!"

Who can resist a cute photo opportunity?

For some reason, I really liked the badger... he's cute isn't he?

HELP! I absolutely love these flowers and would love to add them to my garden in the spring! If anyone knows what they are, let me know!

Overall, a beautiful day with great company and another fun adventure to add to our memory!