Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Grrr...

Amaya went potty three times this morning with my prompting, so I thought we'd try something new. Normally she'll wear pull-ups during the day and I'll take her to the potty when she wakes up, after eating, and an hour after drinking something, etc. Amaya has #2 mastered pretty well, but she isn't very aware of #1. So... instead of putting her in a pull-up, we tried her big girl underwear! When I pulled it out of her drawer and showed it too her, she said, "Oooh... Wooooow! Ma-na wear." We ate lunch and then a half hour or so later, I took her to the bathroom where she went successfully. While I was folding laundry, Amaya was playing happily in her room - coloring and singing. Right before her nap, I told her to go sit on the potty and when I helped her take off her pants - she was WET! I asked her if she knew she was wet, she looked at me with surprise on her face and said, "Ma-na, wet? Oh, no!" Good grief... so much for awareness! I guess we'll just keep trying...