Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday

Yup, I'm one of those "crazies" that get up in the middle of the night to shop for amazing deals. Steve and I were up most of the night anyway (another story to be told at another time), so I figured, I might as well shop while I was wide awake.

Steve and I had shopped on Black Friday before and knew what to expect this year. Unfortunately, Steve had to work today and I couldn't get anyone brave (or crazy) enough to go with me, so I trekked out alone. I drove by Target first and of course, the line was incredibly long just to get into the store, so I figured I'd give Wal-Mart a whirl since they were going to be open anyway.

Wal-Mart ended up having the "doorbusters" wrapped in black plastic and when 5am hit, everyone tore into the plastic. I was mainly looking for board games for Amaya and DVDs for Steve and myself. However, who would have thought of putting the movies in the Garden Center? CRAZY! I picked up Candy Land, Chutes and Ladders, and Life and also several 2 dollar DVDs! And just for the record - I was in and out of the store in 21 minutes - not too shabby!

My next stop was Target and since it was almost 5:30am, I wasn't expecting there to be much left that I was interested in. Of course, most of the DVDs we wanted were off the shelves already, so I headed to the toys and didn't find much. I was walking by the women's clothing and saw more movies! Steve and I were wanting all 10 seasons of the TV show "Friends" and the first 4 seasons of "The Office", but the shelves were empty. I ran into one of the employees and asked him how his morning was going. He then asked if I needed help finding anything and he ended up taking two separate trips to the back store room and found exactly what we wanted! Being nice certainly pays off!! I was absolutely thrilled with my finds and so was Steve! I was even more excited when my receipt from Target stated that I had saved almost 300 dollars from the original prices!!

So, call me crazy, but to save 300 dollars on things that we would eventually buy someday down the road, I'm more than willing to get up early and fight the crowds!