Friday, April 27, 2012

Herberger's Community Days

Last night was our last planning session for the Crohn's and Colitis Walk. It's one thing to participate in the walk and another to be on the planning committee. I'd be lying if I didn't say I wasn't a little nervous. I'm A LOT nervous! I hope the weather is beautiful. I hope we have a great turn out. I hope everyone has a great time. And I hope we meet our fundraising goal. But, with all that said... my wise husband told me that regardless of the weather, regardless of the turn out, regardless of whether people have a good time, and regardless of meeting our overall fundraising goal of 30,000 dollars - the walk is already a success because of the generosity of our family and friends. I was hoping our team would be able to raise 1000 dollars... and to date... we've raised 1425 dollars! Already, it's a huge success!

Today, Amaya and I are setting up a table at Herberger's to do a little more fundraising. It's Herberger's Community Days and they allow organizations to sell coupon books during the sale with all the profits going directly to the organization. I'm not exactly sure what to expect... We have pamphlets and posters all lined up to go, but I'm just not sure how many people will be there, etc. I keep reminding myself that "Every little bit helps" and that anything we raise today is simply "frosting." This weekend, we'll also be hitting up a few local businesses for donations as well... so we'll see what happens...