Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter - Part 1

Pinterest has made our lives much more creative, crafty, and festive! Especially around the holidays! We found several Easter crafts, but Amaya chose this one as her favorite. We ran out of cotton balls and pink construction paper, but we're all set now with googly eyes and pipecleaners!!!

I also volunteered to bring dessert for Easter dinner at my parents. Amaya helped me make these cupcakes - also inspired by Pinterest.

And they were so easy to make! Just your regular cupcake mix - green frosting - and Cadbury Mini-Eggs!

Delicious!

I also made Berry Lover's Pie... I've made this on a few different occasions and it's been a big hit. Next time I'll need to add a bit more cornstarch to hold it all together when it's cut. But, beautiful nonetheless.

Later that evening, we decorated Easter eggs... Boil, boil, boil

We had just the right amount of colors for the eggs that I boiled.

Pretty...

Ta-da!

Amaya, with our finished eggs

Sunday morning, Amaya got her Easter basket and hopped on our bed to open her presents.

Can you tell that she's super excited!

First present... what could it be?

A Barbie!

Five little eggs... with quarters in them!

Pink bubbles and Twizzlers!

Amaya and I gave Steve a bunch of candy earlier in the week.

And Amaya picked out some flowers at Trader Joe's for Grandma and me.

And Steve gave me my favorite... white roses...

Part 2 continues to tomorrow...

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter celebrating our risen Lord!