Saturday, April 28, 2012

Girl's Night Out

Last night, four of my co-workers and I went out for dinner and a movie. Typically Friday nights are our Family Fun Night, so we're switching things up and having our fun night tonight. We're planning on heading off to church - it's Baptism Weekend and I LOVE hearing everyone's testimonies! Afterwards, we're going to watch "We Bought a Zoo." We've been anxious to rent it, but it's always been checked out at the movie store. Tonight's our night!

Anyway, so back to last night... we met up at Whistle Binkies. The food was surprisingly very good - I ended up getting the Bruschetta Shrimp Pasta. (No wonder Amaya likes seafoood... It must be in her genes, because that's what I always end up ordering.) Then when headed over to the movie theater to watch "The Lucky One." I've heard it described as a cross between "The Vow" and "Dear John." and it's a pretty accurate description.  Three out of the five of us had read the book and I wasn't hoping I wouldn't be disappointed in the moive because typically the book is always better than the movie. I was surprised that there were only a few minor changes from the book. Other than a few steamy scenes, it was a great movie! I still enjoyed Nicholas Sparks' movie "The Notebook" better, but check this one out - it's definitely one that I'll probably buy when it's released!

Thanks ladies for a great night out - we'll have to do it again soon! Steve thanks you too - I didn't have to drag him to another girlie movie! :-)