Monday, April 23, 2012

7th Wedding Anniversary

Last Monday, Steve and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary. In some respects, it seems like it hasn't been that long, but there are times when it feels like I've known Steve my whole life. We hadn't planned to do anything big to celebrate - Dave Ramsey and all! But when I walked in the door after work, Steve said, "You have 55 minutes to get ready." Sweet guy... he arranged for his parents to watch Amaya and had plans to take me out to eat. I received a gift card to the Redwood Room for Christmas from one of our allergy doctors and we had some gift money (thank you, thank you, thank you), so Redwood Room it was! We had a scrumptious three course meal at one of our favorite restaurants for 20 bucks! How do you like that, Dave Ramsey?!? We shared the Parmesan Risotto fritters in a tomato/artichoke sauce - delicious! Steve had Veal Marsala and I had Shrimp Fettucine. For dessert we shared a piece of their French Silk pie with espresso whipped cream. Yum-O! Afterwards, we took a leisurely drive around Rochester. What a wonderful surprise! Thank you Steve for planning a great evening and thank you Lowell and Ruth Ann for watching Amaya! Most of all, thank you God, for a wonderful best friend and husband! Seven years down, and another 50 or 60 more with the love of my life!