Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Back Again

Where have we been? Obviously not blogging... We've been busy working, playing, and enjoying spring! We experienced a brief taste of summer a few weeks ago, and just last night I was praying for my plants to survive the hard freeze. Crazy weather!

Steve started a new job at Opportunity Services on February 1st working with the developmentally disabled and continues to love it! And all three of us love his schedule much better! No evenings, no weekends, no holidays. He's typically home between 3:30-4pm everyday so Amaya and I get a lot more time with him! All of his clients love working with Steve greet him with big smiles! It's been a great fit for Steve and we're thankful that God has once again provided for the needs of our family.

Amaya continues to enjoy school and from her conferences in March, she is gaining more self confidence and is becoming much more social. She's one smart little girl and picks up new skills quickly, but is often too shy to share her knowledge. Needless to say, we're so proud of her in that she's actively participating more in school. On Wednesday evenings, she continues to go to Awana at our church and keeps earning more and more patches for learning her Bible verses. (I've become an expert in sewing patches! Thanks Mom for teaching me!) Since the weather has been so warm lately, she's spent a lot of time playing outside. Amaya especially enjoys riding her bike and scooter around the cul-de-sac with the neighborhood kids.

It's been a very busy time of the year for me at work - with the early start of spring and pollens in the air, allergy symptoms and asthma have been worse for our patients. Me included! Perhaps this allergy nurse should take her own advice and have a formal consultation! Anyway, once again God offered an opportunity for me to increase my hours at work on a permanent basis. I struggled and wavered back and forth with this decision mostly because I've always wanted to be a stay at home mom. I feel guilty enough being away from Amaya. I've experienced enough criticism and judgement for being a working mom which only adds to my guilt. However, in reality... lay offs happen... we know this from experience... illness happens... we know this from experience... the economy fluctuates... we know this from experience... Pushing the "mommy guilt" aside and putting the needs of our family first, Steve and I decided that I'd thank and praise God for His provision and work an extra two days during the month. I haven't really noticed much of a difference in our schedule, however I LOVE pay day even more now! Plus, when you love your job so much, an extra two days really isn't that big of a deal. Dave Ramsey would be proud!