Thursday, April 12, 2012

Fundraising is Fun!!

Woot Woot! I'm so thrilled that we've just surpassed our donation total from the Crohn's and Colitis Walk last year!! We raised 748 dollars last year, and now we're up to 760 dollars!! Thank you to everyone who has already donated or signed up to walk with us! Formal thank you cards will be mailed out after the walk with pictures of our team, but for now - thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your support!

I'm not very good at asking for donations and/or support and it's certainly not my one my strengths. Leave it to a bright little 4 year old to encourage me to stretch myself a little. While we were sending out support letters, Amaya helped put on all the stamps and address labels and said to me, "Fun-raising is FUN!" And honestly, it is pretty exciting to track our progress at home and receive e-mails that a donation has been made on our team's website. And in that respect, it is fun. My only hesitation is that I understand what it's like to be on a tight budget. There are so many wonderful organizations that I would love to support financially! It's just that sometimes... the money isn't there to give what my heart WANTS to give!

Just today... my co-worker's son is participating in a bowling tournament for the Big Brother and Big Sister's club and asked for a donation. I wrote out my check and was embarrassed that it couldn't be more. But... Every little bit DOES help... and although it feels good to receive... it feels a lot better to give! So... lesson learned... Fundraising is Fun - and giving of money and/or TIME is even more fun!