Friday, June 19, 2009

Two Special Anniversaries

Today I'm celebrating two very special anniversaries: the day that I accepted Christ and 9 years working at Mayo.

Never in my wildest imagination, would I have ever believed that I would still be working at Mayo after 9 years. My ultimate plan was to get married right after college, work as a nurse until I had a baby, and then stay home full time. Obviously, my plan wasn't God's plan and I KNOW that HIS plan is MUCH BETTER! I'm very thankful for my job - especially with the unstable economy. Mayo hasn't even mentioned the word "lay-offs" and our nurse manager has been awesome at thinking of creative things to do to keep us busy. Fortunately, our department has picked up significantly - a much needed answer to prayer!

June 19th, 1986 ... I remember asking my dad to come into my room after dinner. We sat on my bed and I asked him if I was going to go to heaven when I died. I was shocked when my dad said, "No." When I asked, "Why not?", he told me that I had to ask God for forgiveness for all the bad things I had done and ask Jesus into my heart. We prayed together and I asked Jesus into my heart. I've been so blessed to be raised in a Christian home, and sometimes I think I take that for granted. I've had my ups and downs walking with Jesus, but what I know for sure - He will never leave me or forsake me. And His plans are far better than I could ever imagine!