Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Mommy has been busy working, so I'm going to write today's post about some of my favorite people in the whole wide world - DADDIES!

My daddy is the greatest daddy ever, even if he gets frustrated with me when I don't eat when I'm supposed to or whine and complain. My daddy lets me eats puffs in the morning when I don't want to eat anything else. My daddy makes me giggle and laugh so hard when he makes silly faces, tickles me, or makes funny sounds! My daddy takes me on special trips- like to Ostrander. My daddy always checks on me if I wake up at night crying and comforts me. My daddy pulls me in my bike trailer and we go really fast! My daddy throws me up in the air and sometimes I laugh so hard I get the hiccups. My daddy lets me watch Elmo on Youtube as much as I want. My daddy loves me a lot and I love my daddy!

My Grandpa Horning, is my daddy's daddy. He used to take my daddy for rides in his big semi-truck. (I wish he still had the truck so I could go for a ride, but daddy says we like having him here all the time and not on the road!) I like to play peek-a-boo with Grandpa and he makes funny faces at me when I'm supposed to be eating my dinner. Daddy and I like to go visit him when he has open houses. One time, Grandpa took me downstairs at one of the houses to see a doggie! That was fun! Last summer Grandpa took me on my very first boat ride too - he drives REALLY fast! My grandpa loves me a lot and I love my grandpa.

My Grandpa Gustafson, (I call him "Poppa") is my mommy's daddy. He and my grandma play with me when my mommy has to go to work. He takes me on wagon rides and points out doggies and kitties to me. Poppa lets me be outside as much as I want to. We also like to play ball together. Poppa likes to read me books - especially, "Kitty Up!" Sometimes I cry when Poppa leaves the room, but he always comes back. My grandpa loves me a lot and I love my grandpa.

My GREAT-grandpa Struckmann is my daddy's, mommy's daddy. We get to see him almost every week when we go to his house for dinner. He smiles at me and likes to watch me play. He asks me how old I am, but I can't tell him yet - I only know the number 2 and I'm not that old yet. My great-grandpa loves me and I love my great-grandpa.

Thank you Daddy, Grandpa Horning, Grandpa Gustafson, and Great-Grandpa Struckmann for loving me and playing with me. I love you all very much! Happy Father's Day!

Amaya