Thursday, June 11, 2009

Addicted to Books

I have a confession to make. I'M ADDICTED TO BOOKS!

Yesterday, Amaya and I went to Savers to look for books for the three of us. What I like about buying books at Savers (or any thrift store or garage sale) is that it's kind of like a treasure hunt - you just never know what you're going to find. At Savers, most of the kids books are between 49 cents and 99 cents, so it's really cheap! Plus, if you buy 4 books, you get one FREE! So at the end of our trip I ended up buying Amaya 25 books and me 2 books. (I couldn't find anything for Steve.)

I was talking to another lady by the kids books and she was stocking up for when her grandkids come over to visit. She said that her grandkids only like to watch movies or play videogames and aren't really into books. She was hoping that if she had a variety of books, she could get them interested in something other than TV.

My mom always told me that if I had a book to read, I would never be bored. Now my problem is I have too many books and not enough time to read! Amaya likes being read to, so I'm hoping that we can continue to encourage her to be addicted to books.