Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Choir Weekend


Finally, I was able to participate in our church's choir this past weekend! The choir only sings 5-6 times a year, so each weekend that we sing is very special. The first weekend - I went to 2 of the rehearsals and then got shingles. The second weekend - I was put on bedrest. Grrr... So this time, nothing was going to stop me from singing.

We practice two evenings prior to weekend services and then rehearse again Saturday afternoon before the 5:30pm service and then again on Sunday morning before the 9:00am and 10:30am services. With limited rehearsals, there is an expectation that we do quite a bit of practicing at home. A package is mailed out about 2 weeks in advance with the music and a CD with our vocal part. I generally, just pop the CD in the car or at home and sing away. Amaya knows some of the songs now too! In fact, she recently said her favorite song was, "Where I Belong."


We sang five songs: Where I Belong, Open Up the Heavens, O For A Thousand (Hallelujah), The Stand, and Need You Here. And by the end of the 10:30am service, my voice was pretty shot. But it was absolutely incredible to be part of the choir again and worship our Lord! It brought me back to my North Park days singing in the Gospel Choir. 

Our next performance is in April, and I can't wait! Come and join us for a wonderful time of worship!