Wednesday, February 6, 2013

6 Week Check-Up

I still can't believe that Weston is 6 weeks old! In some instances, it feels like it was yesterday when we went to triage, and in others (like when it's 3am and Weston is grunting and crying) it seems like forever!

I met with Dr. Harms yesterday for my 6 week check up. Needless to say, I was a little nervous about my blood pressure. They took me off labetalol on the 16th of January, so I was hoping that my blood pressure had normalized for good on it's own. Praise God! It was 110/64! Whew - HUGE sigh of relief. I'm at a higher risk for developing high blood pressure down the road because of the preeclampsia and my family history, so my family medicine physician will be monitoring it every year.

Dr. Harms, the nurses, and the clinical assistants all "ooohed" and "ahhhed" over Weston. I've gotten to know the staff over there very well because of all my appointments, so they were very excited to see him. It was sad saying good-bye to Dr. Harms because he's seen me through a lot and he's been a wonderful physician with so much expertise and knowledge. Plus, he's just a nice guy with special quirks and mannerisms that I will miss!

But, I'm relieved that this chapter - trekking up to Charlton 3B - is over and that Weston and I are happy and healthy.