Friday, December 19, 2008

Lefse!

On Tuesday, Mommy and I went to Grandma and Grandpa Gustafson's house to make lefse and decorate more sugar cookies. My Grandma and Mommy make lefse every year around Christmas-time. Grandma does most of the work beforehand because she has to boil the potatoes and then put them in a ricer to get all the lumps out and then add cream and butter and put it in the refrigerator overnight. Grandma rolled out the lefse with a bumpy rolling pin with a funny looking sock over it and Mommy put it on a gridle and flipped it with a pretty red handled stick. Grandpa and I watched them make it and waited and WAITED for a sample. The lefse was SO YUMMY!! Mommy says that I'm a true Scandinavian - I don't know what that means, but it must be a good thing! I hope that I can roll out the lefse or flip it when I get older. For now, I'll just enjoy eating it!