Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

A week ago today, we had the most awesome blizzard! It was so awesome that there was NO way Steve was going to be able to get me to work by 6am. My father-in-law to the rescue! He picked me up in his big pick up truck and he made plowing through snow look like a piece of cake! We had 3 nurses unable to make in on the outpatient side, 6 nurses on the surgery side, and 2 surgeons! But everyone will cancel, right? Most of my light patients cancelled, but all of our outpatients came and most of the surgery patients came (they stayed in town overnight so they wouldn't miss their appointment!)

Steve wasn't even able to go to work. After getting the driveway cleared, he dropped Amaya off at my parents and headed to work only to find that the parking lot was a disaster! He got stuck and saw many others stuck, so he turned around and picked up Amaya and headed home.

After Bible Study on Thursday, Amaya REALLY wanted to play in the snow. I bundled her up in her 3 dollar snowsuit that Steve's mom and I found at a garage sale and ventured outside in the cold. The cold didn't bother Amaya one bit, me on the other hand...

We had quite a bit of drifting. This is located in the backyard by our deck and kitchen window. Amaya had quite a time trying to get up the "mountain!"


Really wanting to run, but kept falling down.

Another view of the drifting.

"Fall down again!"

Again... the drifting...

Wanting to go for a walk.


I don't know the exact amount of snow we received that day, but it was almost a foot! It'll definitely be a white Christmas!