Monday, December 14, 2009

Decorating for Christmas

Amaya was a big help this year getting our Christmas Tree and the house decorated. We first started getting the banister decorated since we didn't have our tree yet. Amaya was a little afraid of the greenery because it was "prick-y" (prickly).

Then we had to dig out the raffia, berries, and pinecones.

A few days later, on the 4th of December, we went to Jim Whiting's Nursery and picked out our tree. Grandma and Grandpa Gustafson watched Amaya since it was so cold out while we got our tree. It's not as perfect as the tree Steve picked out last year, but it comes pretty close.

Amaya was pretty excited when we got out the ornaments and lights. "Ooh, mama. Lights!" (And for the record, we only broke one ornament this year with Amaya helping.) After awhile, Amaya was helping a little too much... so Daddy had to distract her while I finished getting the lights up!

While Amaya and I were at Hobby Lobby earlier in the week, we finally found a tree topper that I liked. My mom has a glass star tree topper that I'm hoping one day I can find, but until then, I like this one - so does Amaya!

Amaya putting the star on the tree! Afterwards, she said, "Wow, Daddy!"

Helping me put ornaments on the tree. And you should be proud to know that I resisted moving them after she put them on the tree.

More, "Wow, Mama!" "Pretty!"


Checking out the tree the next day!

Finally, all done!

Merry Christmas!