Thursday, December 3, 2009

Amaya's First Pumpkin Bread

Ever since Amaya was little, she's been my little shadow - not wanting to be very far from Mama. While I've enjoyed having her right by my side, sometimes it's a little difficult getting anything done. She's always been interested in the laundry, so she helps me sort and put the clothes in the washer and dryer. She tries to fold the clothes, but I end up re-doing everything. Lately, she's been wanting to help me cook. She loves stirring and pouring things into bowls. We're working on cracking eggs open too - it's a little messy, but she's getting better (and she has a great time!) I was trying to get some pumpkin bread made before she woke up, but that plan didn't quite work out. So... here's Amaya's first batch of pumpkin bread - very yummy. Someday we'll get Grandma Gustafson's recipe made, but since there was a national shortage of pumpkin, we had to settle for a box mix.

And of course, she needed a little taste of the batter:

Happily stirring away: