Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Loneliness

Amaya has now learned what it's like to experience loneliness. Usually, I'm able to leave her on the floor playing with her toys for a few minutes to throw laundry in, make the bed, get dinner going, etc. For some reason, yesterday she didn't want me out of sight. As soon as I'd leave the room, she start whining which soon progressed to all out screaming! When I'd rush into the living room to see what all the fuss was about, she'd give me this great big smile. And it's one of those smiles that makes a person feel guilty for even thinking about leaving her alone. Grr... So today, I was going to get up at 6am and get a jump start on my day while she was still sleeping. (Steve and I reluctantly crawled out of bed around 6:40am.) I've gotten most of the important things done already, so I can give her my full undivided attention should she need it later today. She's napping now, so it's a mad rush to get more stuff done. I wish she would be able to tell me if her nap would be a 15 minute one or an hour. Hopefully, this will be an hour nap!

-Jan