Monday, May 5, 2008

Taking Care of Baby!

I took care of Amaya this past Saturday and Sunday while Jan was at work. Saturday was not so good, Sunday was great!

Saturday: It's hard for me to figure out why she is crying sometimes, and I don't have a lot of patience for incessant crying. I'll be happy when Amaya can express her needs in ways other than crying - although I'll probably prefer crying when Amaya learns that ever-popular children's technique: whining! :o)

Sunday with Amaya was fun. I still don't think I would want to be a stay-at-home dad, but I understand why Jan enjoys being home with her. It's fun to watch her focus on a new toy, or give big smiles at me for seemingly no reason at all. We have a great time "talking" to each other - it's fun to watch her work so hard to get the "words" out. Listening to her provides a good opportunity for me to practice my "active listening" skills! :o)

- Steve