Monday, April 14, 2008

Going back to work...

My maternity leave is rapidly coming to an end. Because I'm going back part time (2 shifts one week, 3 shifts the following week), I was able to squeeze out another week of maternity leave. I return back to work on Saturday, April 19th. As you can imagine I have mixed feelings about going back. On the one hand, it may be a nice break to get out, but on the other hand, I'm going to miss Amaya TREMENDOUSLY! We've gotten ourselves into a routine and I'm loving every minute with her (even when she's screaming bloody murder for no apparent reason). Last night, my dad made the comment that motherhood was tough work. I agree 100%!! It's the hardest job I've ever done, while at the same time it's the most rewarding and fulfilling. Her smiles are worth more than anything in the world!

Grandma Horning is planning on watching her every other Saturday while we're at work, and Grandma Gustafson will be watching her the remaining days. We're very fortunate that they are both willing AND wanting to take care of her! From what my co-workers have told me, the average cost of daycare is 30 dollars a day - sometimes more with an infant! It doesn't seem like it's very expensive, especially since I'm going back part-time, but it could really add up. Plus, there is no one else (aside from her parents of course) who will love and take care of her more than her grandmas.

I will keep you posted on how things go, but in the meantime, you can be praying for an easy transition for me and for God to calm my anxieties.

-Jan