Thursday, August 16, 2012

17 WEEKS!

Yesterday marked 17 weeks along in my pregnancy! The baby is now the size of a sweet potato - measuring 5 1/2 inches and weighs about 5 ounces. And what's even more exciting is that I started feeling the baby move!! I felt a few occasional twinges... but at night when I'm laying down... I really noticed the flips and kicks. With Amaya, she was much more active at night when I was trying to fall asleep. And later in my pregnancy with her, she'd kick so hard it would wake me up at night! So... here we go again!

I've been feeling much better and not quite as exhausted. The heartburn is still horrible... I may have to start taking some Pepcid since I'm at the maximum dose with TUMS. One of my co-workers told me to take a swig of baking soda mixed with a little bit of water, but I just couldn't do it because it tasted so bad - I'd rather have the heartburn.

My clothes are definitely at their max even though I've gained less than a pound. I've bought a few maternity clothes, but I'm very hesitant to buy too much. And with fall approaching, I'm hoping I can hang on a little more with the few summer maternity clothes I've bought. I needed to buy maternity scrubs online and I hope they come in the mail soon and I hope they work! One would think that in this medical community, that one of the scrub stores would carry maternity scrubs, but no one has them in their stores! At least I can find maternity scrubs online. With Amaya, I couldn't find them anywhere, so I bought a size bigger and Mom had to alter them a little.

Our appointment for our anatomy ultrasound is in a little less than 2 weeks. I can hardly wait to see the baby again and we hope to find out what we're having. I'd like to start planning the nursery and buy some clothes if we need to and try to figure out a name... We're up for any suggestions, so send them our way!!