Friday, December 23, 2011

The Weekend is Here!!!

I just wrapped up a wonderful couple of days of work and am more than ready to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior!

Tomorrow morning, we'll sleep in a little and will decorate a gingerbread house. We've done this every year since Amaya was born and each year she and Steve get more creative! Steve will be watching the Vikings game at noon, so Amaya and I may make another batch of Candy Cane cookies. Our first batch that Amaya and I made with my dear cousin, Jen turned out AMAZING and they are already gone! Then, we'll attend the Christmas eve service at our church. After church, we will celebrate Christmas with Steve's parents! I'm looking forward to a wonderful evening and can't wait for them to open our presents!

On Christmas Day, we'll open up our family presents and stockings in our jammies. My parents invited us to go to church with them in the morning and then have brunch. I'm already thinking about devouring my mom's cinnamon rolls - they melt in your mouth!!! We might watch "A Christmas Story" in the afternoon - this has been a tradition for a few years now. My sister and her family will arrive from Nebraska around dinner time, just in time to enjoy the feast my mom is preparing!! All 17 of us will be together opening presents and having a blast!!! I am so excited!!!

We wish all of you a very Merry Christmas!!