Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Broken Record Player

I feel like I keep repeating myself over and over and over like some broken record player, but since I don't know what else to say - THANK YOU to everyone who has prayed for Steve today, who has prayed for me today, who has held my hand, given me a hug, watched Amaya, sent us an e-mail or message on facebook. It is because of you and the grace of God that I made it through the day. It's been a rough day... we received news that we didn't want to hear. Steve's surgery went well, just not like we had wanted it to go. Another upcoming surgery planned... another "wait and see" game... another "let's hope this works." I was selfishly hoping for my sake and for Steve's that this would be it - he'd be on the road to healing - this would be the last surgery and we'd be done. But... another surgery is in his future in the next few months... so discouraging... but I'm trying to find the silver lining.... trying to be positive... so... I'm so thankful for my parents - thankful that I didn't have to worry about Amaya all day knowing that she was being spoiled and cared for. I'm so thankful for my in-laws - thankful that they kept me company at the hospital, thankful that they took care of me, and thankful that they could still make me laugh. I'm thankful for Dr. C.'s skillful hands and for keeping Steve alive... thankful for Patty his attentive nurse.. thankful that we're at Mayo... thankful for a private room... thankful for modern medicine to take away pain. I'm thankful for Karen - someone completely unknown to me to take the time to stop and visit with us to pray and encourage us. I'm thankful for the people that God put in my path today - Janet and Elizabeth. I'm thankful for Steve... especially missing him tonight... thankful that he's strong... thankful that he's determined... thankful that he still has his sense of humor even while drugged up ... And I'm thankful I have a little girl who can hug and kiss me and as I tucked her in bed tonight she said, "Mommy, I missed you." And on that note... I go to bed thankful for all that God has blessed me with and have confidence that whatever tomorrow holds, He'll give me the strength that I need.