Monday, February 9, 2009

Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired

Since Tuesday night, early Wednesday morning, I've been battling a horrible cold, cough, and intermittent fevers. I've missed three days of work and finally as of Sunday afternoon, I was feeling a little better.

Today, I have more energy, but a lot of work. We're finally celebrating Steve's parents anniversary (their anniversary was January 21st), but Steve's mom was sick and we rescheduled, then I was sick and we rescheduled again for tonight! I made brownies, rolls, and the strawberry salad last night (while I had Steve's help to watch Amaya). Today I'm making baked corn, ultimate slow-cooker mashed potatoes, and I'm trying a new recipe for roast. Amaya and I are also getting some laundry done today and I'm doing some major disinfecting!

Amaya has been anxious to show off her new skills to her grandparents. Besides walking, she learned a few more words (Boom and Ball), learned how to blow bubbles in the bathtub, and learned how to give hugs (kisses are now a rare treat!)