Friday, February 13, 2009

Back to Work

My last full day of work was on Sunday, January 25th. I took a few days of PTO at the end of the month and then missed three days of work because of my cold. But, I'M BACK! (And as much as I love being at home with Amaya - I'm very HAPPY to be back at work.) I had one "Mommy Meltdown" on Tuesday afternoon. I still wasn't feeling the greatest and I really didn't want to hug Amaya's dolls one more time, or read the Sesame Street Babies book one more time, or build towers, chase her, etc. Amaya has been a picky eater all week and it's been frustrating to no end. One meal, she'll love pasta and then next she scrunches up her nose at the very sight! She's normally very good at playing by herself, but this past week she's wanted me no further than 6 inches away from her! And all I want to do is crawl back into bed.

I was feeling a little guilty about going to Bible Study yesterday morning, because I was more excited about having time away from Amaya than I was about the actual study. One of my friends caught me before I was dropping off Amaya in the nursery and she said that she was having a horrible morning with her kids and was so thankful to have a "morning off." I'm glad I'm not the only mom out there that has these moments!

Then of course, when I left this morning for work, I peeked in on her and she's as cute as ever, snuggled up in her purple blanket sleeping peacefully and all I can think is - I wish I could be home with her today. (sigh)