Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"Thankfulness"

I read a recent post on a neighbor's blog about wishing that there were more "thankfulness" in the world. It started me thinking about what I'm thankful for:

1. My faith: Only by God's grace have I made it this far.

2. My wife, who loves me unconditionally. She is my best friend.

3. My daughter, who turns a bad day into a great day simply by thrusting out her arms so I'll hold her.

4. My parents, who have supported me over the last 35+ years, no matter the circumstance.

5. My in-laws, who willingly and happily gave me their youngest child to be my wife.

6. My nieces and nephews: Joshua, Jordan, Hannah, Ben, Annika, Lydia and Miles. You have helped me remember how fun it is to be a kid.

7. My extended family: though I don't see you often, I enjoy your presence when I do and miss you when you're gone.

8. My job: I'm blessed with a job that is flexible - allowing time for familial concerns and graduate school attendance.

9. My school: Thank you for accepting me into your grad school program! I will continue to do my best to be deserving of that honor.

10. My neighborhood: I know everyone by sight, and almost all by name that live on our cul-de-sac. How rare that is nowadays.

11. My city: I love this town. It is, and will continue to be the place I will raise my family.

12. Ice cream.

12. Ice cream!

13. Ice cream!!

14. Ice cream!!!