Thursday, January 15, 2009

Missing Steve...

For the month of January, Steve has had grad school on Tuesday AND Thursday nights. This makes for a very long week for all three of us. Steve has late nights - he usually gets home around 11pm, but last Tuesday he stayed after class and didn't get home until midnight. With the weather being the way it is, I'm too worried about Steve on the road that I can't go to sleep, so we both end up sleep deprived. After Amaya goes to bed I usually work on a puzzle, read, clean, or do my Bible Study. I enjoy this part of the night because I can have some "Me Time." It's the hours before Amaya goes to bed that get long for both of us because we've exhausted all of her toys and books and she desperately needs some quality Daddy Time. Amaya is recovering from her cold, but I'm in the miserable beginning stage. This makes the evening especially LOOOONG. Some nights, my parents have invited me over for dinner which really helps pass the time and other nights Amaya and I go shopping. Again, with the weather being the way it is, it's been too cold to go anywhere. As for tonight, we'll probably go through Amaya's closet and play with the toys that have been on "vacation." Then we'll watch a Baby Einstein DVD, give Amaya a bath, read some stories, eat, and then go to bed. We sure miss Daddy! HURRY HOME!!