Sunday, January 11, 2009

Date night

Last night Steve and I enjoyed a night out - just the two of us. My cousin (actually, my cousin once removed), Jennifer came over last night to baby-sit Amaya. I used to baby-sit Jen, so it's really fun to have her watch Amaya. I'll save Jen the embarrassment and not mention the diaper changing or Casey, but I will say that we have a lot of memories!

Steve and I were able to go out for dinner and a movie. We saw Four Christmases with Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn. Very funny, a little crude, but I could totally relate to the baby issues - spit up, nursing, etc. And once again, I'm thankful for my family. When the movie ended, we looked at the time and it was only 8:47pm. We told Jen we'd be home around ten, so we went to Coldstone Creamery and shared a bowl of ice cream. (Yes, surprisingly enough, Steve shared - although we were fighting over the last bite!)

Amaya slept in this morning until 8am, so Jen - you must have worn her out last night. Sorry about the explosion - we probably should have paid you extra after I saw her onesie in the bathroom! Thanks again for coming over to play with her!