Monday, August 11, 2008

Teaching Amaya to Put Herself to Sleep

Whenever Amaya wakes up at night (crying) I have been going into her room to comfort her. Last night, instead of rushing into her room right away, I let her cry it out for awhile. When I did go in and calm her down, she then decided to stay awake for the NEXT 2 HOURS. She apparently thought it would be fun to talk to herself for awhile, employing various different sounds. After that she gave a very close inspection to every aspect of her room, spending the most time intently staring at her orange night light.

I was too worried about her to be able to sleep, so I sat on the floor just outside her room (where she couldn't see me) while I watched all this activity. I was up from 11:30 until about 2:30 a.m.

This morning, I forgot that I was going to take my car in for an oil change and some brake work... apparently being awake for 3 hours in the middle of the night makes me forgetful.