Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Steve - 1, Mice - 0

If you all remember a posting on this blog awhile ago about a mouse, well, it seems he (or she) is back - if the mouse ever left, that is.

I went to the hardware store yesterday - twice! - and bought 3 different kinds of traps, and 3 of those electronic pest controllers. The traps were: the conventional kind that snap closed when pressure is applied to one end, the type where a mouse strolls into an opening and a door shuts behind it, and the "glue" type where if a mouse swaggers across the glue, it gets stuck. I plugged the electronic pest controllers into outlets on the 1st, 3rd and 4th floors: in the living room, kitchen, and basement. In all I think I had 14 different traps around the house!

I spent a good part of the night wondering whether mice were dying in the kitchen... when I went downstairs in the morning and looked at my traps I discovered I had murdered a mouse! The not-so-little mouse had tried to eat some peanut butter on one of the traps and got caught.

This mouse was pretty big - so I'm wondering if he was just the ringleader, and I'll have to take care of his little friends too. Anyway, I'll keep putting the traps out every night and I'll update this blog as I see more action.

-Steve