Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Amaya's News

I've had blogger's block for the past week, so Steve thought I should write about what Amaya has been up to lately.

We've got a thumbs up from her for Rice Cereal, Sweet Peas, Carrots, Squash, and Sweet Potatoes. There is a definite thumbs down for Green Beans, but I'm not sure if she really doesn't like them or if they are a little strong tasting for her. We're moving on to fruits this week.

Amaya has been sitting up for quite some time now, but lately she's mastered the "Face Plant." This occurs when she's sitting up and a toy is just out of reach and she falls flat on her face. I'm getting excited for her to start crawling. She has the desire, but the coordination needs a lot of work.

Amaya has also mastered her "Fish Face." She's absolutely fascinated with faces - especially a person's mouth. After watching me do the fish face for a few weeks, every so often she'll do her own rendition.

We are constantly amazed at how quickly she changes and how she's developing her own little personality. I never thought that such a little person could bring so much joy and laughter into our household.