Sunday, June 1, 2008

Top Ten Things I Love About Amaya

Shortly after coming home from the hospital, we had a public health nurse from Olmsted County visit us and check up on Amaya. Since then, we receive forms to fill out regarding her development, etc. One of the questions on her four month questionnaire was, "What do you enjoy most about your baby?" Hence, the topic for this blog entry.

10. I love her chubby leg rolls (Yay, no more chicken legs!)
9. I love the way she burps and toots just like her daddy (sorry Steve).
8. I love the way she is constantly wiggling her arms and legs. She has some great Pilate and yoga moves!
7. I love it when I change her diaper and three seconds later she gives me this great big smile and poops shortly thereafter! Sixteen cents right down the drain!
6. I love watching her splash around in the tub and try to drink the water.
5. I love it when she "talks" to her stuffed animals and dolls.
4. I love watching her sleep, especially when she's curled up on her side holding her hands.
3. I love it when she holds my hand while I'm nursing her - okay, I just love nursing her.
2. I love snuggling with her. I especially love holding her after she's just woken up.
1. I love her smile! Nothing warms my heart more than one of her mouth-open-wide-where-have-you-been-I-missed-you-I-love-you-don't-leave-my-sight smiles.