Friday, June 27, 2008

Stomach Sleeper

Amaya learned a new skill yesterday during her nap time! Typically, Amaya will sleep on her right side (closest to her best friend in the whole world - her Leap Frog worm). When I put her down for her afternoon nap, somehow she managed to get on her stomach, but her right arm was trapped causing her quite a bit of grief. Last night, she decided that she was going to sleep on her stomach again! Overly concerned, protective mom that I am, I asked Steve to flip her back onto her side. And AGAIN - Amaya decided that she was going to be a stomach sleeper whether we wanted her to be or not. I wasn't feeling very good - (still not feeling well, but not sick enough to stay home) - so Steve spent the night in Amaya's room making sure she was okay and giving me a break from the baby monitor. (I've got the greatest husband!) Why she decides to do these exciting new tricks at night (especially when I have to work at 6am the next morning), I'll never figure out why.
-Jan