Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Uneventful...

I am so pleased to report, that I really don't have anything to report! Praise God! My appointments on Monday went very well. Amniotic fluid is at 13.8cm! Blood pressure is 128/72! Weston is as active and strong as ever! (I told Steve that we just may have a field goal kicker on our hands - those kicks are really starting to hurt!)

The days are dwindling down... tomorrow I will be 35 weeks, with only 2 more weeks to go. Yesterday, it kinda sunk in... WE'RE GOING TO MEET THIS LITTLE BOY IN 2 WEEKS!!! How can that be? The end of this bed rest stuff is in sight! Instead of admiring ultrasound pictures, I'll get to admire his precious face IN PERSON! I can't wait to hear him CRY (although, I'm sure that will get old fast - especially in the wee hours of the morning!) I'm only going to be pregnant for 2 MORE WEEKS!!! No more heartburn - no more food cravings at 3am - no more maternity clothes - no more kicks in the stomach! Even with all the excitement of this journey coming to an end, I was surprised yesterday when I also felt disappointed that my pregnancy was coming to an end. With Steve being a little older... and this pregnancy more complicated than Amaya's... there's no doubt about it... this will be the last little baby....

When Dr. Harms put me on bed rest... it honestly felt like a death sentence. But God has used this time for me to FOCUS on HIM... to TRUST HIM... to LISTEN to HIM... my prayer life has tremendously changed... and I find myself praying all the time... little prayers here and there... thanking God for every blessing, no matter how small and insignificant. And I've been blessed to have the time to reflect on the meaning of Christmas... this time of quiet - I may never get again... so I'm trying to cherish every moment - the good and the bad and rely on God for strength.