Monday, October 1, 2012

Shingles

It's been a very busy month... Amaya started school and AWANA... Steve started a new job at ABC as a supervisor and is co-leading Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University with me... and I started choir and had a garage sale... Steve's 98 year old Grandpa passed away... and I am recovering from shingles!

Many prayers have been lifted up for me this past week and a half, but I would certainly appreciate more - specifically for pain control. I missed two days of work due to the pain... and unfortunately the pain medication that was prescribed, didn't like my stomach so much. I'm feeling significantly better than last week, but I just wish I could get a little relief from the pain - all I'm asking is for a few hours without the nerve pain - is that too much to ask? And please, if you are over the age of 60 please get the shingles vaccine!! I wouldn't wish this pain on my worst enemy!

Little Weston is just fine... the nurse practitioner who diagnosed me made sure that the medications were safe for him and the shingles itself, won't harm him either. He's kicking away happily - we are at the 6 month mark - with only 113 days left (that is if I make it to my due date - I'm thinking of bribing my OB with some caramel brownies to make sure I don't go past my due date!)