Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Weston Paul

For those of you who haven't heard on facebook, received an e-mail, or phone call - it's official - we are having a BOY!! It's beginning to settle in a little, although I still have the occasional thought of disbelief, but for the most part, I'm thrilled for this little boy!

I'm always impressed and in awe of the ultrasound technicians and it's amazing how they can find all the chambers of the heart, the spinal cord, etc. I'm even more in awe of God's hand in creating this little miracle! All I am is the temporary house for this baby, and God is working overtime to create each little finger, each little eyelash, each little curve of his body. It's a miracle!

All along, I suspected that I might be carrying a baby boy only because this pregnancy has been very different than when I carried Amaya. Most of my co-workers, friends, and family thought I was having a boy too, so it really shouldn't have been a surprise when the ultrasound technician announced it was a boy. Yet it did. Having another girl would have been easy - we already have everything we need - we even had several options for names, but a boy - we have nothing! Names are impossible! However,  Amaya is Daddy's little girl... so wouldn't it be wonderful to have my own little buddy?

Boys names are so tricky... we wanted something a little different, but not too different. A few years ago, we heard the name Weston, but at the time - having another baby wasn't on the radar. I remembered the name a few weeks ago, but we weren't quite sold on it yet because we wanted to hold out until we knew what we were having. Later, that day after our ultrasound, we talked about the name and both agreed that this little boy was going to be called Weston. A little better than Herbert, don't you think? The middle name was a no-brainer - my dad's name is Paul, Steve, my brother, brother-in-law, and nephew share Paul as their middle name - and our brother-in-law in Colorado name is Paul!

The last few days, I've been busy going through Amaya's clothes, dropping stuff off at Once Upon a Child, marking the rest for a garage sale this weekend, and setting aside things to give to friends. I'm shocked and a little embarrassed with how much I've accumulated! Fortunately, most everything we've purchased for her had been on sale or clearance, yet still... I have 13 bins of clothes! I'm hoping to be a little more minimalistic with Weston, but we'll see... there are some pretty cute stuff out there!