Thursday, July 26, 2012

Niagara Cave

For my birthday - on the actual day - we thought it would be a great day for a road trip to Harmony, MN and go to Niagara Cave. Both Steve and I have been there, but this would be Amaya's first cave experience!

 
Here's our tour guide to lead us down the steep stairs into the cave. Amaya thought it was a great adventure. And our tour guide was wonderful to Amaya and gave her one of his extra flashlights to point out fossils, stalagmites, etc. She LOVED exploring with her very own flashlight!


One of the most impressive things in the cave, was the 60 foot waterfall! I got a little nervous walking across the platform, but Steve and Amaya had no fear.


 

Amaya enjoyed every part of the cave - even when the tour guide turned off all the lights for us to experience "total darkness." And we all enjoyed being inside 48 degree weather!

The grounds surrounding Niagara Cave are so pretty, and I couldn't resist taking a bunch of pictures of the flowers.





 

Afterwards, we ate at the Village Square restaurant in downtown Harmony. Steve and I both got burgers and Amaya got a grilled cheese sandwich. I was craving a big, juicy burger with bacon, and I was not disappointed! It was the best burger ever!!! 

It was a wonderful birthday!