Sunday, July 29, 2012

Celebrating Father's Day

For Father's Day, Amaya and I found a great gift idea for Steve on Pinterest. We weren't able to wrap it, so we had Steve close his eyes and we put in on his lap. Since he LOVES candy - he LOVED the present! It was a lot of fun to make and there are countless variations using different kinds of candy. (And if you noticed - it's from me, Amaya and Herbert. No, we don't know the gender of the baby yet... it's just that this pregnancy has been so different for me, I'm convinced it's a boy. Therefore, I needed to call the baby something... so we affectionately named the baby Herbert. And no, we're NOT going to name the baby Herbert if it is boy. Unfortunately, we really haven't settled on any names - boys or girls and I think we'll just hold out until we find out for sure.)


We met up with Steve's parents for lunch to celebrate with them at Whiskey Creek. Ruth Ann had just returned from Colorado and we were anxious to catch up with her and  hear about her experiences.


For dessert, we had their speciality - SMORES! Delicious!



We missed celebrating Father's Day with my dad, since they were still on vacation and we missed them tremendously! I thank God daily for my dad, father-in-law, and for Steve. I am so blessed by their influence in my life and for the influence they have in Amaya's life. Thank you for all of your love, encouragement, and support! Love you all! Happy Father's Day!