Saturday, July 21, 2012

34 Years Young

We celebrated my birthday a week early with my family because my parents were going  on vacation to Colorado for 2 weeks. (Had I known there would be wildfires right around where they were, I wouldn't have let them leave the state!)

My mom made one of my favorite meals - roast beef, potatoes, carrots, corn, and fruit - yummy! Even though my mom has shown me many times how to make her gravy... I still can't get it as good as hers! Amaya had just shared the news that our family was growing, which made the day even more special.

Later that evening, Mike and Arwen and the kids came over for cake and ice cream. One of my favorite cakes is German Chocolate, but there are certain members in our family (who shall remain nameless!) that don't like coconut. How can anyone not like coconut? Anyway... my mom made two cakes - one with German Chocolate frosting and one plain chocolate.


Me and my favorite girl....


After cake, we played outside. Mom and Dad picked up a badminton set at a garage sale. They now have an official net (instead of the garbage cans) and plenty of rackets for a bunch of us to play. I hadn't played in forever, so it was a lot of fun and the kids caught on quickly. It was a great day and this year is looking better and better all the time!