Monday, July 12, 2010

Puzzles!

Amaya was bound to love puzzles - My mom, mother-in-law, grandma-in-law, and I LOVE doing puzzles. What I didn't realize was how quickly Amaya would catch on and need harder puzzles. Here she's doing one of her favorites: a 12 piece barn/farm animal puzzle.

Ta-da! Whenever she finishes a puzzle, she either shouts, "Ta-da" or has to give someone a high five!


Since this was getting pretty easy for her, a few months ago we moved her up to the 24-30 piece range, and now she's working on the 48 piece puzzles. These are a challenge for her, but with a little help and encouragement she's able to figure it out!

Almost there!

The other thing she likes to do when she's finished with a puzzle, is run her hands over the top to "smooth it out." I guess she's seen me do that a couple times and has picked up on that! :-)